Re: C file recoginzed as image file

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: C file recoginzed as image file
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 18:32:33 +0100

Kim F. Storm wrote:
Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
Basically, I think that determining the major mode for a given file should
neither give precedence to auto-mode-alist nor magic-mode-alist.  Instead it
should consider both.  Each one can associate a file with a set of possible
major modes (typically the set will be singleton) or say "don't know"
(which would be basically the set of all major modes).

This is definitely the best proposal I've seen so far for solving this.

Agree + including mime header info as someone said.