Re: defcustom and the stars.

From: Michaël Cadilhac
Subject: Re: defcustom and the stars.
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2007 19:46:13 +0100

"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> writes:

>> > How odd! I didn't get two of your reply, and it quite clearly
>> > named me as To: and the list as Cc:...
>> >
>> > I'll attempt to remember not to double-write you
>>
>> I may be Drew's personal problem in fact. He should probably set the
>> Header « Reply-to » to something that doesn't name him, nop?  But
>> I don't know if Outlook can do that.
>
> No, you are certainly not one of my personal problems

Not for NOW! :-) Well, I meant « it »

> I don't see a means in Outlook to do that, even for each individual message.
> If someone knows a way to configure that generally for mail from a given
> mailing list, please share the knowledge.

Switch to Gnus (there must be someone in the list to say that).

> I have no idea what causes two messages to be sent to me (but not to you),
> or whether a filter is supposed to prevent that at the mailing-list end. Do
> you think this is a bug?

I think the bug is in Stuart's side :-) You get two copies because:
- One is sent directly to you,
- One is sent to the ML which has the task to send you a copy.

When I was subscribed to the ML (as opposed to reading it in
nntp://gmane), I got two mails too for that case.

--
 |      Michaël `Micha' Cadilhac     |  Mieux vaut se taire                   |
 |         Epita/LRDE Promo 2007     |   Que de parler trop fort.             |