Re: C file recoginzed as image file

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: C file recoginzed as image file
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 01:21:19 +0100

Chris Moore wrote:
"Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

Who says that Microsoft libraries are more secure than the ones we
use?  There's no evidence that this is even remotely true.

Yes, who said that?

You said that using the MS libraries would "enhance the security for
the users", which sounds kind of similar.

But maybe your point is that:

 the risk of using both MS image libraries and free software image
 libraries together is greater than the risk of using only MS image
 libraries

Yes, sort of. That is of course true. But the point I was trying to make is that it is more easy for the users to update the libraries and know what vulnerabilities there are if only MS image libraries are used.

This will be better if there is an automatic way of updating gnuwin32 image libraries of course. (If they are updated at the download site.)

One of the main troubles with MS libraries has been that it has taken a long time for them to fix the bug sometimes. But lately my impression is that this has improved much. On the other hand has the security threats grown maybe even more. Quick reaction to threats is necessary.