menu indications of key bindings for remapped commands

From: Drew Adams
Subject: menu indications of key bindings for remapped commands
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:24:38 -0800

What is the reason that a remapped command in a menu item has its key
binding listed as, for example, "(<remap> <switch-to-buffer>)"? Is it
because it would be impossible or difficult to pick up one of the final keys
that it is actually bound to - e.g. "(C-x b)"?

I assume this is not an oversight or a bug - I'm just curious as to why this
appears this way. It is not especially useful for users to see this, IMO.