Re: C file recoginzed as image file

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: C file recoginzed as image file
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 18:06:01 -0500

    > All our software uses non-free Windows libraries when running on MS
    > Windows.  To use the Windows library for displaying GIF is not out
    > of the question.

    I was under the impression that to use non-free libraries, they had to
    be part of the OS.

The GPL allows use of non-free libraries distributed with major
components of the system.  If these libraries normally come with
Windows, that is good enough.  It doesn't matter what part of Windows
they are considered to be part of.