Re: C file recoginzed as image file

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: C file recoginzed as image file
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 08:06:37 +0200

On 2007-01-09 08:11, Stephen Leake <address@hidden> wrote:
>Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:
>> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>>> Aha, and how many more years would you be willing to wait for the
>>> release of Emacs 22.1?
>
> Clearly that would be for after this release.
>
>> Does anyone care?  How many seasoned emacs users out there have not
>> been running emacs-cvs or emacs-snapshot for some years now?
>
> Everyone on my team at work, except me.
>
> Emacs 22 is a mild productivity boost over Emacs 21. I hope my team
> can benefit from it soon.

Same here.

A lot of people at work still use Emacs 21.X, even though I put some
time into updating Emacs 22 snapshots configured with --prefix=/opt/emacs
and make them available to everyone interested.

Eli has a point.  Some users are not willing to use a package, until it
has been officially marked as 'release quality'.