Re: C file recoginzed as image file

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: C file recoginzed as image file
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:14:04 +0000

Richard Stallman wrote:
I agree.  I think Emacs should detect images and enable Image mode, or
perhaps Image minor mode; but it should not initially display them as
images.
When I looked at image-minor-mode, it wasn't clear to me that you could avoid any problems by simply delaying display of the image. It looked like the image was parsed and cached immediately regardless of whether it was displayed or not. So the change may not be as simple as it looks.