Re: font-lock-warning-face hard to read because it is bold

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: font-lock-warning-face hard to read because it is bold
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 06:19:22 +0200

> Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 03:06:49 +0100
> From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden>
> CC: Drew Adams <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,
>  Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
>
> Thanks, but did you see any difference between the screen shot I sent
> and the one Drew sent? On my screen the two pictures look very
> different. Does not that happen on your screen?

I do see the difference, but the default font, the one you sent, looks
good to me.

> If you zoom in the pictures from me and Drew you can see the actual
> differences.

I'm sure zooming will show differences, but that is irrelevant.  What
is relevant is how the unzoomed font looks, and to me it looks just
fine.

> But perhaps it is only me that thinks that the default font that
> Emacs uses here on w32 is not very readable unless you change the
> default MS Windows settings for font edge smoothing?

Yes, it sounds like only you think so.  Perhaps your monitor is out of
focus, like Jason suggested.