Re: font-lock-warning-face hard to read because it is bold

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: font-lock-warning-face hard to read because it is bold
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 07:49:35 +0100

But I already told you that the image you sent is the same I see on my
system, and it looks just fine in my opinion.  So AFAICT the default
fonts _do_ look good.

I think I know what Lennart is aiming at; the characters in that face
look a bit "smashed together" in some cases (he mentioned m and n),
making some of them slightly hard to separate from each other. But I
would not say that it is hard to read. Maybe it is not as super crisp
as other faces, but the warning face is not that often used, at least
not in my day to day work in Emacs. My guess is that this face is
meant to be more visible (not readable) so that you notice these
warnings, and I think this bold red face succeeds quite well.

With the font effect that Drew has turned on, it looks even better though.