Re: font-lock-warning-face hard to read because it is bold

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: font-lock-warning-face hard to read because it is bold
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:20:01 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden> writes:

> > Please note that what you sent is an captured screen image
> > which is what your computer want to display, not the actual
> > image you see on your screen.
> >
> > So it may be displayed badly on a ill-tuned display, but
> > displayed clearly on a well-tuned display.

> Thanks. I am using a TFT display, but do you know if this could
> difference happen because of a somewhat bad display driver too?

Yes.  Usually a TFT display has control buttons for various
manual adjustment.  Clock speed and phase most likely affect
the clearness of thin vertical line.  Those must be adjusted
to the same as the parameters of your video driver.  You may
be able to increase the clearness by adjusting them
manually, but if the driver's parameter is beyond what can
be adjusted manually, you must change the parameters of the
driver (in case of X, for instance, /etc/X11/xorg.conf).
But that work requires expert knowledge.  You may be able to
find how to setup xorg.conf (or XF86Config) for your TFT
display by searching the net.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden