Re: Preventing warnings in FIXNUM_OVERFLOW_P

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Preventing warnings in FIXNUM_OVERFLOW_P
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:57:47 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 05:43:07 -0500
>
>     It sounds like GCC maintainers are working on fixing this in a future
>     version.  So I'd suggest to leave this alone until then.
>
> Could you explain what that refers to?  I do not know.

I was referring to this part of the response by Manuel López-Ibáñez in
the thread you started on the GCC mailing list:

> >  We are working on fixing those for GCC 4.3 :-)

See http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2007-01/msg00808.html for the message
from which I quoted this.

In addition, an earlier message posted by Manuel:

  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2007-01/msg00480.html

seems to say that he is working on putting the warning that gave us
trouble into -Wextra, which is fine by me (since -Wextra groups
warnings that are _supposed_ to be nitpicking).