Re: SVG support in Emacs: what happened?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: SVG support in Emacs: what happened?
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 17:22:41 -0500

    I see that /etc/TODO still includes "Add support for SVG (Scalable
    Vector Graphics) rendering to Emacs." In 2004, some hacky code was
    actually written to do this using librsvg:

    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2004-09/msg00886.html

It sounds like you're saying this code is not well written.
Is that what you mean?

1. If it isn't well written, it is not the right solution.

2. If it is well written, we could add it (after the release), if we
get legal papers from the authors.