find-alternate-file default filename annoyance

From: Leo
Subject: find-alternate-file default filename annoyance
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 06:14:24 +0000

Hi there,

  1. Open an existing file
  2. M-x find-alternate-file

You can see 'find-alternate-file' will put `buffer-file-name' as its
filename by default. I think this is a bad default because it
contradicts the name 'find-alternate-file'. I found myself every time
struggling to remove the default filename before I can type the
desired one.

BTW,
Ido-mode doesn't have this annoyance only if ffap is not enabled.