Re: Flickering mouse-face

From: Stephen Berman
Subject: Re: Flickering mouse-face
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 15:35:58 +0100

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 00:56:21 +1300 Nick Roberts <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think that last change (2007-01-20) to mouse-face highlighting causes it to
> flicker.  My guess would be that it gets repeatedly cleared in try_window.

I can also reproduce this.  I didn't used the latest source but the
patched Emacs I built in connection with the thread "Bug in
incremental undrawing of mouseover highlighting", but that patch is
identical to the changed mentioned.  Moreover, I now have found that
the patch doesn't entirely fix the problem I reported (see my latest
followup in that thread), so a further or different patch is needed.

Steve Berman