Re: Copy-paste between pretest Emacs 22 and other Linux programs

From: Ryszard Kubiak
Subject: Re: Copy-paste between pretest Emacs 22 and other Linux programs
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 22:37:34 +0100

Gernot Hassenpflug writes:

I see the above characters perfectly in Emacs, but I cannot paste them
into a terminal (GNOME terminal, mlterm or other) even when using
utf-8-unix as the clipboard/X-selection encoding, as at least some
seem to be mistaken for control characters of some kind. I am
not sure what coding Gnus is using to display the email for me.

I vaguely remember having similar problems in one of the previous
versions of Emacs. As I wrote in my original letter, with the current one, pretest version 22, I have problems with pasting into Emacs,
not the other way around. Kenichi suggested that I may circumvent
them by removing (set-selection-coding-system 'utf-8) from my .emacs
file. This solves the problem indeed, to some extend though, as the
Polish letter lslash remains as one that is not copied properly.
I believe that Kenichi is capable of solving all these problems soon.

Greetings,
Rysiek