Re: A question about read syntax and compiled backreferences

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: A question about read syntax and compiled backreferences
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 09:31:42 +0900

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:
>> I'm not sure if it's OK to
>> apply or not (is print-circle significantly slower?).
>
> Well, even if it is slower is The Right Thing To Do, isn't?

Yes, I think so; I'm just nervous about applying a patch to the
byte-compiler just before a release.

Since there have apparently been no previous bug reports about this
issue, it doesn't seem to be critical, and probably could wait until
after the release.

[I don't actually _know_ that it's slower -- Emacs does seem to track
object references even when print-circle is nil, so it can avoid an
infinite loop in the printer.  It just seems to be a possibility.]

-Miles

--
`Cars give people wonderful freedom and increase their opportunities.
 But they also destroy the environment, to an extent so drastic that