Re: New pretest tarball 22.0.93

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: New pretest tarball 22.0.93
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 16:56:04 +0100

On 1/26/07, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:

4 pretest tarballs is not too many, I think.

No, of course not. I'm more worried by the month-long interval between
pretests than the number of them. 30 days is enough for us to grow
restless and leave us susceptible to featurettes posing as
bug-fixes... (I have this mental image of us developers like the guys
in Starship Troopers, surrounded by nasty, mean-looking bugs.)

during the pretest of Emacs 21,
I think many pretesters would send email short time after another
pretest was tarred, saying they have the new version up and running.
Perhaps we should ask them to provide this information now.

Agreed.

                   /L/e/k/t/u