Re: bind next-error and previous-error in Occur mode? read-only?

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: bind next-error and previous-error in Occur mode? read-only?
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 14:05:41 -0500

On 26 Jan 2007, address@hidden wrote:

>>> Now that `next-error' and `previous-error' work with `occur',
>>> why not bind them to easy-to-hit keys in Occur mode?
>
> Someone on Emacs Wiki pointed out `next-error-follow-minor-mode', which I
> wasn't aware of.
... various good suggestions skipped...
> Anyway, this is all stuff we can figure out after the release. Before the
> release, however, we could perhaps mention `next-error-follow-minor-mode' in
> the doc of `occur', `grep' etc. WDOT?

I'll save this thread and follow up on your suggestions after the
release.  It's definitely something I want to pursue.

For the doc update, I don't have an opinion, except to note it will
affect many places in code and the manual, and so it is not trivial.

Ted