Re: Tetris trademark

From: Chris Moore
Subject: Re: Tetris trademark
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 14:03:54 +0100

>     Is anybody concerned that lisp/play/tetris.el might be a trademark
>     infringement?
>
> File names and function names usually do not raise a trademark issue.
> So there is no need to worry about this.

But what about the game itself?  It's not just the name of the file
and functions, but the Tetris game itself is "subject to the
registered copyrights of Tetris Holding LLC" (according to
http://www.tetris.com/).

Incidentally, I just tried running M-x tetris RET.  After playing 2
games, a buffer appeared called 'tetris-scores' showing 3 scores:

03037   Sat Jan 27 13:48:27 2007       <address@hidden>
03031   Sat Jan 27 13:48:27 2007        <address@hidden>
00349   Sat Jan 27 13:34:52 2007         <address@hidden>

The top 2 scores appear to be from the same game.