Re: Argument leave-dead to emacs-start is not explained in doc string

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Argument leave-dead to emacs-start is not explained in doc string
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 19:47:27 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:37:29 +0100
>> From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <address@hidden>
>>
>> Just that.
>
> What is emacs-start, and where is it defined?
>
> (Really, Lennart, you, of all the people, should have known how to
> make a proper bug report!)

M-x apropos-documentation RET leave-dead RET

server-start
  Command: Allow this Emacs process to be a server for client processes.
This starts a server communications subprocess through which
client "editors" can send your editing commands to this Emacs job.
To use the server, set up the program `emacsclient' in the
Emacs distribution as your standard "editor".

Prefix arg means just kill any existing server communications subprocess.

(fn &optional LEAVE-DEAD)

It is somewhat amusing that the function is called "server-start"
rather than "emacs-start" and that the meaning of a prefix argument is
explained in the DOC string.

Let is just assume that Lennart wanted to pretest our abilities to
deal with unfathomable bug reports.

--
David Kastrup