Re: A question about read syntax and compiled backreferences

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: A question about read syntax and compiled backreferences
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 09:10:46 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> BTW, maybe it would be worth it to try and investigate why it gets so much
> slower: we may be able to fix the slowdown rather than circumvent it.

I think for each lisp object printed, it does a linear search on a list
of all lisp objects previously printed (within the same "top-level"
print).

It would presumably help a lot to use an eq hash table instead.

-miles

--
I'm beginning to think that life is just one long Yoko Ono album; no rhyme
or reason, just a lot of incoherent shrieks and then it's over.  --Ian Wolff