Re: Image autodetection

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Image autodetection
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 10:38:27 +0100

On 1/30/07, Jason Rumney <address@hidden> wrote:

There's no reason that image-mode could not do the same.

You're right.

With image-mode, image-minor-mode, image-mode-maybe,
image-type-auto-detected-p, image-type-auto-detectable,
image-type-file-name-regexps, image-type-header-regexps,
image-file-name-extensions, image-file-name-regexps,
etc. we already have too much confusion regarding how and when to set
image-mode; so I like Richard's idea of bypassing #1 of Chong's
proposals (no more options, please!) and just implementing #2 (with
image-toggle-display disabled, as you note).

Either that, or we start scrapping all the above and rethink all this
stuff... which I think would be great, were not for the pretest.
(Though, to be honest, the "confusion" stems from the fact that we
started to teach Emacs to better auto-detect images, and then had to
switch tracks when the security issues came up, so we've finished
conflating two very different issues.)

                   /L/e/k/t/u