Re: Color-theme problems in Emacs 22+ (Ubuntu, Windows)

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Color-theme problems in Emacs 22+ (Ubuntu, Windows)
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 12:21:53 -0500

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden> writes:

> I've done the following:
>
>     o   ultra-simplified my .emacs file - see attachment;
>
>     o   ultra-simplified my .gnus file - see attachment;
>
>     o   triple-checked that I'm loading the last version of
>         color-theme - see the Messages buffers attached.

The .emacs file you attached is 5000 lines long---hardly
"ultra-simplified".

Furthermore, it relies on a lot of files that seem to be specific to
your setup---I get errors when I try to use it.  So probably the only
one who can debug this is you.  The strategy is to keep removing items
from .emacs until the bug no longer appears (assuming the bug does not
happen with an empty .emacs---this is at least the case for me.)  Then
the last change made was the one that caused the bug.