Re: Pushing newer nt/subdirs.el into site-lisp/

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Pushing newer nt/subdirs.el into site-lisp/
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:20:35 +0200

> Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:16:39 +0100
> From: "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden>
>
> nt/configure.bat does not copy subdirs.el to site-lisp/ if it already
> exists. That precludes pushing any changes in nt/subdirs.el into
> site-lisp/.
>
> Is that by design, or would be better to apply the following patch?

I don't think it's by design, but your patch is too intrusive: it
_always_ copies subdirs.el.  I'd rather use the technique we already
have in configure.bat to copy it only if it's different from the
already existing file.  Look in the section of configure.bat that
begins with "Rem See if fc.exe returns a meaningful exit status."