A few faces.el questions

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: A few faces.el questions
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 13:28:59 +0100

- The set-face-*-p family of functions all have an argument *-P (for
example, INVERSE-VIDEO-P, BOLD-P, etc.). However, in the case of
`set-face-underline-p' this is misleading, because UNDERLINE-P is not
a flag (it can also be a color). Will someone object if I just change
arg UNDERLINE-P to UNDERLINE and fix the info in the Emacs Lisp
Reference (which doesn't mention the color option)? (This would also
affect `modify-face', BTW.)

- I know `internal-find-face' and `internal-get-face' are obsolete
since 21.1, but their docstrings lie horribly about the FRAME
argument. Wouldn't be better to just say "The argument FRAME is
ignored"?

- Shouldn't `face-id' return an answer also for face aliases? I.e., instead of

 (get face 'face)

shouldn't it be

 (or (get face 'face)
     (get (get face 'face-alias) 'face))

Or is this intended:

 (put 'my-alias-face 'face-alias 'my-face)
 (eq (facep 'my-face) (facep 'my-alias-face)) => t
 (eq (face-id 'my-face) (face-id 'my-alias-face)) => nil

?

- `face-differs-from-default-p' checks all face attributes except
:inherit (obviously) and :stipple. Should it check :stipple?

                /L/e/k/t/u