Re: user-init-file source vs. compiled

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: user-init-file source vs. compiled
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 00:03:23 +0100

On 2/1/07, Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> wrote:

I clearly disagree.  If there's no loop in your .emacs, then byte-compiling
won't bring you any benefit.

It's not about the code being faster, is about the .elc being smaller
(about 10% smaller) than the .el.

then you should most likely take those
things out of your .emacs and move them to a separate file/package.

Why? You prefer it that way, OK, do that. I don't like having lots of
small .el files loaded from .emacs; it's easier to maintain it
up-to-date between two or more computers when it's a single file.

                   /L/e/k/t/u