Image file name extension not recognized

From: Vinicius Jose Latorre
Subject: Image file name extension not recognized
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 22:49:07 -0200

Hi,

Well, I don't know if this is a bug.

I have some image files with names like:

   IMG_0366.JPG

When I try to open it, Emacs does not recognize it as an image file.

But if I rename the file to:

   IMG_0366.jpg

Then Emacs recognizes the file as an image file.

Shouldn't Emacs recognize files with .JPG extension as an image file?

Vinicius

PS: I'm using GNU/Linux and I got the image from my digital camera.