Re: URL not following some 302 redirects after recent changes

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: URL not following some 302 redirects after recent changes
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2007 12:42:24 +0100

>     Instead of using `sentinel-temporarily-inhibited' I'd probably prefer
>     `ignore'.
>
> `ignore' is probably not a useful filter function, but it is not
> absurd.  I would rather use a special symbol which doesn't mean
> anything else.  Or some other object that is meaningless as a sentinel,
> such as the number 0.

One problem is that you have to actually check such a value before
running it.  And if nobody was tempted to run it, there would be no
necessity of storing a different value in the sentinel in the first
place.

I would prefer to be able to get a useful error message if a bad value
ends up in a process sentinel.