rev. 1.322 of src/minibuf.c broke partial completion

From: Bernhard Herzog
Subject: rev. 1.322 of src/minibuf.c broke partial completion
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 11:18:21 +0100

Hi,

I've recently noticed a problem with partial completion in current CVS
HEAD.  To reproduce, start emacs with emacs -Q and then activate partial
completion mode (M-x partial-completion-mode).  Now try to find a file
with completion.  One symptom of the defect is that ~//usr is expanded
to usr/ instead of /usr/, making it impossible to enter an absolute file
name.  Also file-name-shadow-mode doesn't seem to work anymore.  The
part of the file name that will be ignored is no longer highlighted (or
rather dimmed).

The change that caused this is rev. 1.322 of src/minibuf.c.  Reverting
that file back to 1.321 solved the it for me.  Assuming the change in
minibuf.c is desired, the real bug fix will be something else, though.

   Bernhard

--
Intevation GmbH                                 http://intevation.de/
Skencil                                           http://skencil.org/