Re: Image mode

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Image mode
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 15:47:01 +0100

Even if the image lacks a recognized image file extension? I.e., do
you think that opening a .c file containing a JPEG should

 1) Start in image-mode and display the image
 2) Start in C mode, image-minor-mode and display the image
 3) Start in image-mode and not display the image
 4) Start in C mode, image-minor-mode and not display the image
 5) Start in fundamental mode, image-minor-mode and display the image
 6) Start in fundamental mode, image-minor-mode and not display the image
 7) Start in C mode and bypass image mode (major and minor)
 8) Start in fundamental mode and bypass all mode detection

What happened to this:

"The extension of file you are about to open suggests that it is a
text file, but the content seems to be an image. Do you want to open
it as an image?"

?

Or something similar.

My apologies if I haven't paid enough attention to this thread worthy
of a place in Guiness Book of Records.