Re: Image mode

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Image mode
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 23:28:55 +0200

> 1 - misdetection of foo.JPG as a non-image.
> 2 - misdetection of non-images because of the content of unrelated files.
> 3 - misdetection of thumb-images in special directories.
>
> The first (which started this whole thing) is trivially solved by setting
> the stupid variable `auto-mode-case-fold' to t.  The var was only introduced
> to allow Richard to default its value to nil because of some undisclosed
> reason.

I second this.  I see no reason not to change the default of
`auto-mode-case-fold' to t.  I'm tired of selecting the necessary mode
manually on files with uppercase file names (e.g. from old archives,
from digital cameras, etc.) and I'm sure many other users have the
same problem.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/