Re: unload-feature questions and thoughts

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: unload-feature questions and thoughts
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 00:27:13 +0100

On 2/5/07, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

Since the presence of such entries is normal, `unload-feature' ought
to handle such entries in a useful way.

Would someone like to implement this?

That's what my patch does: the useful thing for (autoload . SYMBOL) is
treat it like a defun, and the useful thing for (defface . SYMBOL) is
ignore it.

Meanwhile, I think another change is needed to handle `(t . SYMBOL)'
elements correctly.  See below.  Does anyone else see a problem in it?

It seems correct, except that

!          (t (setq restore-autoload (cdr x)))

should be

!          ((t) (setq restore-autoload (cdr x)))

because a t alone is equivalent to `otherwise'.

                   /L/e/k/t/u