Re: unload-feature questions and thoughts

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: unload-feature questions and thoughts
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 19:16:39 -0500

    the function), but I think this piece of docstring is a bit confusing

      This function tries to undo modifications made by the package to
      hooks.  Packages may define a hook FEATURE-unload-hook that is called
      instead of the normal heuristics for doing this.  Such a hook should
      undo all the relevant global state changes that may have been made by

    because if you miss the "to hooks" (two words), as I did in several
    readings, it seems like it is saying that either you define
    FEATURE-unload-hook, or else it uses "the normal heuristics".

I agree, let's clarify this -- in the doc string and in the Lisp
manual.  Would someone like to try it?