Re: Image mode

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Image mode
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 09:42:58 +0100

"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 2/6/07, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Why would a user open a binary file in anything but hexl-mode?
>
> When the binary file is an image? Are you serious?

Why would he open a binary image file in Emacs without wanting to have
it treated as an image, and without wanting to see it in hex?

I don't see what is so funny about the question.  At least some people
(including Richard) are arguing that a user opening a file with a
well-known binary image extension should not get an image view by
default.

And I ask why a user would open a binary image file in Emacs (short of
using hexl-mode) if he did not intend to see it as an image?

--
David Kastrup