Re: Image mode

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Image mode
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 11:21:03 +0100

As Emacs is primarily a text editor, not an image viewer, I don't think
that the extra step for viewing an image we have now is as bad as some
people are making out.

I know that we are mostly discussing a couple of special scenarios
here, but I still want to point out that we should not forget about
packages like `thumbs.el' and `tumme.el', where the user *want* to
display images. Let's hope those will be left uncrippeled.