Re: Image mode

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Image mode
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 00:51:29 +0100

Chong Yidong <address@hidden> writes:

> I would argue that if file.c looks like an image, it should not even
> turn on image-minor-mode; it should just try displaying in c-mode.

There are two variants here:

- Either file.c is an image which is also valid C code (e.g. xpm),
in which case it makes sense to open it in c-mode, show it as text,
but also enable image-minor-mode so C-c C-c will show the image.

- Or file.c is an image which is NOT valid C code (e.g. jpeg), in
which case c-mode is a bad choice!! So in this case, why should
we show the file in c-mode ?  Why not fundamental-mode or hexl-mode?
OTOH, I'm not sure whether image(-minor)-mode should be applied here.