Re: copyrights to be fixed

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: copyrights to be fixed
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 20:37:52 -0500

    gnus-logo.eps

    This is a straightforward conversion of the Gnu Emacs logo to EPS
    format, used by a couple of reference cards.  I don't think it counts
    as a creative work.

More precisely, if your description is accurate, no extra creativity
went into deriving it from the other form of the Emacs logo, and we do
have papers for that.

Is this all the "gnus logo" refers to?  So there really is no separate
logo for Gnus?  If so, that term "gnus logo" is misleading: this is
the Emacs logo.  We should stop using the term "gnus logo" if there
isn't actually a different logo for Gnus.

    letter.pbm
    letter.xpm

    These are simple images whose source code consists of three short
    lines.  They should not be considered creative works.

We can keep them.