Re: Image mode

From: Stuart D. Herring
Subject: Re: Image mode
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 11:43:55 -0800 (PST)

I like it, I think; it seems to cover everything, although the name
`image-mode-maybe' is now a bit odd.  However, one minor suggestion:

> Thirdly, make the function image-type-auto-detected-p scan
> auto-mode-alist for a non-image-mode match, and returns nil if one is
> found.

This should return nil unless auto-mode-alist suggests image mode, not
just nil if it suggests something else.  (The difference is files that
would get Fundamental mode.)  Even better would be to check that the
filename implies the -same- kind of image as the content, but this would
be slightly more involved, since auto-mode-alist doesn't store that
information.  The ease with which nil was returned could of course be
controlled by user options and/or let-binding auto-mode-alist (for
specialized things like thumbnails).

Davis

shipping.