Re: copyrights to be fixed

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: copyrights to be fixed
Date: 07 Feb 2007 23:21:18 -0500

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Chong Yidong wrote:
>
> > The files in etc/images are taken from GTK 2.x and Gnome 2.x, as
> > explained in the README file.
>
> Except:
>
> 1) it doesn't mention all the files: cancel.xpm, info.xpm,
>    mh-logo.xpm, next-node.xpm, prev-node.xpm, redo.xpm,
>    search-replace.xpm, show.xpm, up-node.xpm are missing.

All of these, except for mh-logo, are derived from the stock GTK icons
with no additional creative effort (for example, by reflecting the
original image or rotating these by 90 degrees).  So they can be added
to the list.

I don't know about mh-logo.xpm.

> 2) it mentions find-replace.xpm, which isn't there.

Probably an oversight; just delete that entry.

> 3) it lists sort-ascending.xpm and sort-descending.xpm as being taken
>    from _both_ GTK and Gnome, so which is it?

The same group of artists make the GTK and Gnome icons; I believe in
this case there is no difference between the icons taken from either
source.  So let's not worry about it.