Re: copyrights to be fixed

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: copyrights to be fixed
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 08:13:51 +0100

Paul Pogonyshev <address@hidden> writes:

> Kim F. Storm wrote:
>> Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Is it really only version 2?  If so, we may have to replace them in
>> > order to move Emacs to GPL version 3.
>>
>> Are we going to do that before the release?
>> If not, why does it matter at this time?
>>
>> We can just note it in the copyright file, and deal with it in 2010
>> when 23.x is ready for release...
>
> Yeah, and make it 2015 at least.

The tentative sketches of what we want to have in version 23.x call
for merging the unicode-2 branch, multi-tty and minor pending changes.

Copyright situation, manual status and proof reading and major missing
functionality will be still reasonably fresh from the impending 22.x
release (with the possible exception of GPL 3 worries, but I don't see
them posing a major showstopper).

In the mean time, no particular problems are addressed by snapping,
sarcasm and bitterness.

--
David Kastrup