RE: constant `e'

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: constant `e'
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 08:50:15 -0800

> > `numeric-constant-e', and adopt that (or similar) as the convention for
> > numeric constants: `numeric-constant-pi', etc.
>
> Please don't: I frequently use Emacs to calculate trigonometric
> expression; typing these monster names would make it very hard for me
> to do that.

Very hard for you? Make a local binding. If you need a short name for
interactive or local program use, define one. I see no reason to dedicate
`e' and `pi' for this uncommon use (uncommon in both Emacs-Lisp files and
interactive Emacs use).

Anyway, I won't argue strongly for renaming `e' or `pi'. But I'm pleased to
see that some people already agree that it's not such a bad idea.