Re: Image mode

From: Chris Moore
Subject: Re: Image mode
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 18:24:04 +0100

"Stuart D. Herring" <address@hidden> writes:

> Finally, the ".txt" extension here could just as easily be ".png"; if the
> image is in fact a JPEG, we have the case where a user has just patched
> their PNG library but not their JPEG library.  I suppose that it is more
> common to merely distinguish images from not,

What about files with extensions of ".blah"?  If they contain image
data, are they misnamed?  I would expect to be safe opening a .blah
file, knowing that it's not a recognised extension, I feel safe
knowing it'll be opening in fundamental-mode.  It seems several people
on the list would rather display this .blah file as an image.