RE: Font-lock decides function call is function declaration in C+ +

From: Stuart D. Herring
Subject: RE: Font-lock decides function call is function declaration in C+ +
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 07:53:53 -0800 (PST)

> Yes, unfortunately, I think that if you try to learn types on-the-fly then
> you will always be vulnerable to this sort of problem.  The issue is that
> cc-mode needs to know as soon as a change invalidates it as a candidate
> type
> (ie, deletion of some/all of the text "foo" or interruption of the
> whitespace between "foo" and its candidate identifier "bar").  I can think
> of a few ways you could attempt to do it, but they are a bit intensive and
> far from simple.

It's worse than that.  Inserting a new letter that changes "foo", or
transposing two characters 3k back in the buffer that cause the whole
region to become a comment, or deleting "bar", or exchanging "foo" and
"bar", or merely exchanging 'f' and 'o', or adding #define in front of
"foo", or... any of which could be done as one change by an appropriate
Lisp helper function.

Davis

shipping.