Re: Image mode

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Image mode
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 18:36:39 -0500

    > 3. If the file name has a meaning which conflicts with the image type,
    > obey the file name.
    >
    > #3 is mostly the case after Yidong's latest change.  The only change
    > proposed in #3 is that a file foo.jpg which contains a PNG should be
    > treated as a case of #3.

    I'm not sure that displaying PNG content using the JPG library is ever
    worth doing - it will almost certainly not work.

I think that is a misunderstanding.  When I speak of obeying the file
name I don't mean displaying foo.jpg as an image, because I expected
that Emacs would be detecting JPEGs anyway.  In any case, I agree with you
that this is not the desired behavior.