Re: redundant space after run 'c-indent-new-comment-line'

From: William Xue
Subject: Re: redundant space after run 'c-indent-new-comment-line'
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 01:51:18 +0800

On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:16:46 +0800, Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 10:37:07AM +0800, William Xue wrote:
On Fri, 16 Feb 2007 06:37:34 +0800, Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> wrote:

>Hi, William!

>On Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 03:24:54PM +0800, William Xue wrote:
>>First, 'M-;' make a c style comment in a new line in a .h file, it
>>prints
>>'/*   */', and the cursor blinks at the 2nd space char.

>>Then, 'M-J' to run 'c-indent-new-comment-line', and it gives
>>'/*
>> * */' and the cursor blinks at the last '*', but I think it should be
>>blinks at the 2nd space in the second line.

>I think the essence of this bug is that point ends up further to the
>right after the M-j that where it started. An M-j should NEVER do this -
>normally, of course, point ends up at the far left, just after the
>comment prefix.

>I've committed a fix to ..../progmodes/cc-cmds.el. Could you update your
>Emacs and try it out, please.

It seems not to work, even start emacs with -Q.

When did you commit the fix? I made a update about 12 hours ago and now
there is nothing newer.

Revision 1.54 of .../progmodes/cc-cmds.el, about 8 hours ago, at ~22:30
GMT.  I've just had a look at http://savannah.gnu.org, and it's
definitely there now.

William

It works! Thank you very much!

At first, I have only checked emacs-unicode-2, and haven't found it.

Now, according to your indication, I found it in
http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/emacs/lisp/progmodes/?root=emacs

Thanks!

--
Sincerely yours,