Re: copyrights to be fixed

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: copyrights to be fixed
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 02:24:24 -0500

    I'm sorry for the insufficient entry.  I copied the file from Gnus.
    Would "New files imported from Gnus." be sufficient?

In the case of Gnus, we usually treat it as part of Emacs.

When a new file is installed in Gnus, the change log entry in Gnus
should be in the name of the author.

200X-MM-DD  AUTHOR OF FILE  <email address>

Don't put your name there just because you're checking the file in.
Who checked in the file is not important.  All that matters is who
wrote it.

When that file is copied into the Emacs repository, copy the change
log entry with the author's name!  Don't put your own name in that
change log entry.  Who copied the file into Emacs is not important.
All that matters is who wrote it.