Re: file-attribute on certain Chinese filenames failed

From: MJ Chan
Subject: Re: file-attribute on certain Chinese filenames failed
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 10:09:16 -0500

Thanks for pointing out w32.c in which function stat is defined. I
thought Emacs used windows native stat.

Indeed, the problem is in stat, which calls strpbrk for checking
invalid filename, (*?|<>\"). The Chinese/Big5 character that I have
problem with contains '|'.

I also did some test with windows native stat call and it did not fail
with that Chinese filename.