Re: kill-buffer during *debugging*

From: A Soare
Subject: Re: kill-buffer during *debugging*
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 09:56:22 +0100 (CET)

>     3. WITHOUT STOPPING the debugger kill the buffer using C-x k.
>
>     Here is the bug. The *debugging* mode is still active.
>
> Could you explain that more concretely?  What does it mean to say
> "still active" in this case?

The *debugging* mode is "still active" = If I am killing the buffer while I am
debugging with edebug - that means I am killing the buffer when the *debugging*
is active as a minor mode (we see minor modes in the mode line if
`minor-mode-alist is set in `default-mode-line-format) -, in the MODE LINE one
can still see *debugging*. So the debugging mode is still active, even if the
buffer was closed.

My code from that little patch makes 2 things:

1. stop the debugger (using the (top-level), as it is used in present when
pressing "q")
2. kill the buffer.

It runs "a la fois" 2 commands:

((top-level)
 (kill-buffer))

This is executed in a lambda function associated to C-x k.
Without my patch, when I press C-x k and the debugger is running, the buffer is
killed, but the debugger is not stopped (is still active).