Shipping the illustrated tutorial with Emacs 22? (was: Re: evangelizing

From: Jason Spiro
Subject: Shipping the illustrated tutorial with Emacs 22? (was: Re: evangelizing Emacs with a graphical tutorial)
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 19:56:15 -0500

2007/1/30, Richard Stallman <address@hidden>:
    None.  Perhaps we can get the tutorial released into the public domain
    so we can ship it with Emacs?

If you tell me the name and email address of its author, I will ask him
to make it free.  (It is not necessary that it be in the public domain.)

It seems to now be GFDLed.  The guy who wrote the tutorial must be
honored that you wrote to him.  :-)

It's unfortunate that this advanced tutorial won't become accessible
by a menu item until Emacs 23, it seems. :-(  It seems to me a very
valuable yet enjoyable-to-read bit of help for users, especially
because of the illustrations.  (AFAIK, the emacs manual is not
illustrated.)

But could it be added to the etc/ directory of emacs CVS?  And perhaps
the 2nd and third sets of slides too, even though they're really
advanced-user sorts of tutorials.

And could it be mentioned on the Emacs splash screen?

Cheers,
Jason

--
Jason Spiro: computer consulting with a smile.
I also provide training and spyware removal services for homes and businesses.