Re: Fix needed for communication with gpg-agent

From: Kim F. Storm
Subject: Re: Fix needed for communication with gpg-agent
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 00:15:16 +0100

Sascha Wilde <address@hidden> writes:

> A few more in depth tests[0] tests show, that emacs some how catches
> some of the input, which is meant to go to pinentry:  The pinentry
> curses interface is already shown, when emacs still gets some of the
> key events...

So pinentry CAN read some input ...

Since this was the main problem which we were concerned with, the
problem is reduced to find a way to block Emacs from reading from the
tty while pinentry needs it.

Here's one way that might work (untested):

Currently, pgg.el uses code like this:

       (while (eq 'run (process-status process))
         (accept-process-output process 5))

Replacing this with the following would (in principle) prevent Emacs
from reading any input while waiting for the process to terminate.

          (if window-system
             (while (eq 'run (process-status process))
               (accept-process-output process 5))
             ;; Don't read from tty in case pinentry needs it.
             (accept-process-output process nil nil 1))

But we may also need to define SYNC_INPUT to make this work reliable ??